We are currently seeking an experienced MEP Engineer with a PE license to join our Russellville, Arkansas team. The ideal person for this position will have 5 years’ experience with the design of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems for multiple building types including commercial, healthcare, education, and industrial projects.
- Develop building energy models for calculation of building heating and cooling loads
- Prepare existing system descriptions, narratives of proposed design alternatives, code interpretations, etc.
- Preparation of mechanical, plumbing, and electrical system layouts, detailed drawings, schematics, and specifications while exercising judgment in design application.
- Design MEP systems for a wide array of building technologies
- Prepare engineering deliverables and drawings including presentation materials, calculations, construction documents, specifications, and design analysis
- Provide technical information and assistance to project key stakeholders
- Make recommendations as to the feasibility of certain systems or equipment, and evaluates products for their application
- Assist in final plan checking (QA/QC)
- Check shop drawings for conformance to plans and specifications
- Respond to code comments and resolves permit issues with code officials
- Assist in resolving construction conflicts and answers questions from contractors and bidders
- Evaluate and specify products and their appropriate applications
- Provide in-field or on-site surveys and inspections and draft field reports
- Ensure the installation of the designed systems meets the plans and specifications of the original design and the expectations of the client.
- Assist other engineers and designers within other engineering disciplines to successfully integrate multiple disciplines into assigned projects
- Attend preliminary job meetings with clients to evaluate scope of work to be performed on projects
- Attend construction meetings with clients to assist in coordination of Construction Administration activities
- Manage projects including project schedules and coordination of project work
- PE License
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering from an ABET EAC Accredited Program (Engineering Accreditation Commission)
- 3-5+ years of relevant professional experience in MEP design
- Autodesk Revit experience is required
- Familiarity with the International Building Code, International Mechanical Code, International Plumbing Code, NFPA 70, ASHRAE 62.1 and ASHRAE 90.1 required.
- Knowledge of HVAC load calculation/modeling software preferred.
- Knowledge of eQuest or other DOE2-based whole building energy modeling software is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Design experience in some or all of the following project types: Education, Civic/Government, Retail, Commercial, Restaurant, Healthcare.
- Creativity and a passion for problem-solving and critical thinking. Able to collaborate in a team setting.
- US Driver’s license is required. Ability to climb ladders, stairs, and access job site areas that are relevant to each project.
Send your resume to email@example.com to get started.